Your Veterinary Team is Lead By One of Australia’s Most Respected Equine Vets
– Dr. Louise Cosgrove
BVSc, MRCVS, JP (qual) (Principal Veterinarian)
Raised in a small town south-west of Roma, Louise was placed in the saddle at the age of four and has spent her life around horses. A graduate of the University of Queensland, with veterinary experience spanning Australia and the United Kingdom, Louise possesses more than 10 years in advanced equine veterinary practice.
An equine reproductive specialist, her passion for breeding was ignited during her years with Max Wilson and Robyn Woodward at Equivet Australia. Establishing Exclusively Equine Veterinary Services singlehandedly in 2010 as the first 100% equine veterinary and breeding centre servicing the Lockyer Valley, Ipswich and Brisbane regions.
With more than 10 years of international breeding success, our purpose-built breeding centre is equipped to facilitate every aspect of your breeding program. We continue to achieve conception rates as high as 75%, which far surpasses the globally accepted standard of 30%.
A respected breeding centre, servicing the Lockyer Valley, Ipswich and Brisbane regions, our breeding services span:
- Artificial insemination with chilled semen
- Artificial insemination with frozen semen
- Stallion collection
- Fertility evaluation
- Foaling down
- Semen storage
Located in Hatton Vale, our breeding paddocks are installed with post and rail fencing, built specifically for breeding services, that extends as high as 2.4m (4 rails high) in our stallion yards. Our facilities include:
- Three large paddocks
- 30 day yards (9m x 9m) with individual shelters
- Three stallion yards (20m x 20m) with individual shelters
- Reproductive dummy
How Our Breeding Process Works
Contact us and outline your breeding requirements
Agree if it’s a mare scan at your property or at the Hatton Vale Breeding Centre
Lock in a Date and Time
Start the Breeding Cycle with a mare scan to organise insemination
- All Mares must be between the ages of 4 and 16
- The Mare will be deemed in foal or not in foal at the 14 day Pregnancy Scan
- All Mares must have a premating swab at the cost of $59.80
- All mares must be at EEBC – Hatton Vale for all scans and Artificial Insemination
- Agistment is non refundable
- If frozen semen is being used, mare must be a proven breeder i.e. at least one live foal
- The breeding cycle fee must be paid upfront.
- The maximum number of attempts to get a mare in foal will be 3.
- If your mare is deemed not in foal and you do not wish to continue breeding with her after attempt 1 or 2 then a refund for the cycle fee will be refunded.
- The Breeding Guarantee applies to both Chilled and Frozen Semen.